Interested in different study plans?
Check our latest study plans:
CFA 2013 study plans for level 1 candidates:
- Starting date: 2 January 2013
- Ending date (by which all readings, as well as all exercises included in the CFA® Curriculum and/or in prep providers’ materials should be completed): 5 May 2013
- The whole month of May should be devoted to reviewing material and doing sample and mock exams.
*The number of pages in the CFA® Curriculum related to a given topic.
**Free summaries (presentations) on each topic will be prepared by Soleadea Team and will become available on our website around the expected date given in the table.
As far as the sequence of topics is concerned, we suggest two major changes comparing to the CFA® Curriculum:
- Firstly, we propose that Portfolio Management be covered directly after Quantitative Methods (due to the concepts of mean and variance present in both topics).
- Secondly, we suggest that you cover Derivatives prior to Equity and Fixed Income in order to gain some knowledge of derivative instruments (understanding options covered in the book on Derivatives is important for Fixed Income readings).
Last but not least, Ethics should be read and reviewed systematically at breaks from other topics, so to say. Acquiring the Ethics material at a high level is significant at the Level I exam because of the so-called ethics adjustment.
In the table below, some additional statistics essential for CFA® preparations are presented:
*This information has been derived from: CFA® level 1 topic area weights.
**10 stands for the most difficult topic. The level of difficulty has been determined on the basis of the responses given in the survey by the Level 1 June 2012 exam candidates who passed the exam: http://www.cfainstitute.org/Survey/candidate_report.pdf and surveys made by Soleadea Team.
Please, like us also on Facebook: Soleadea Facebook Page.