Looking for an up-to-date study plan? Register at our portal and get access to the free 'study plan' app with ready-to-use study plans.
- Starting date: 2 January 2013
- Ending date (by which all readings, as well as all exercises included in the CFA® Curriculum and/or in prep providers’ materials should be completed): 5 May 2013
- The whole month of May should be devoted to reviewing material and doing sample and mock exams.
*The number of pages in the CFA® Curriculum related to a given topic.
**Free summaries (presentations) on each topic will be prepared by Soleadea Team and will become available on our website around the expected date given in the table.
As far as the sequence of topics is concerned, we suggest two major changes comparing to the CFA® Curriculum:
- Firstly, we propose that Portfolio Management be covered directly after Quantitative Methods (due to the concepts of mean and variance present in both topics).
- Secondly, we suggest that you cover Derivatives prior to Equity and Fixed Income in order to gain some knowledge of derivative instruments (understanding options covered in the book on Derivatives is important for Fixed Income readings).
Last but not least, Ethics should be read and reviewed systematically at breaks from other topics, so to say. Acquiring the Ethics material at a high level is significant at the Level I exam because of the so-called ethics adjustment.
In the table below, some additional statistics essential for CFA® preparations are presented:
*This information has been derived from: CFA® level 1 topic area weights.
**10 stands for the most difficult topic. The level of difficulty has been determined on the basis of the responses given in the survey by the Level 1 June 2012 exam candidates who passed the exam: http://www.cfainstitute.org/Survey/candidate_report.pdf and surveys made by Soleadea Team.
Please, like us also on Facebook: Soleadea Facebook Page.
Do you want to arrange the study plan to your needs?
Use our free study plan app. Choose the start date and the end date of the study plan and set the deadline reminder if you find it useful. Assign days to exam topics you want to study. For each topic, choose relevant Soleadea Episodes. Arrange your study plan any way you want. You can repeat topics and episodes or schedule revisions, mock exams and holidays. You can even have more than one study plan, for example if you also wished to plan your revision in detail.